NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
When attempting to check in a Deployment Package, you receive the error: "Failed to load msxmlsql.dll"
Restore the Msxmlsql.dll file from the SQL Server 2000 SP4 installation package. To do this, follow these steps:
- Extract the SQL Server 2000 SP4 installation package to a folder. Assume that the package is extracted to the default folder (C:\SQL2KSP4).
- Copy the Msxmlsql.dll file in the C:\SQL2KSP4\x86\binn folder to the %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\80\shared folder.
- Copy the Msxmlsql.rll file in the C:\SQL2KSP4\x86\binn folder to the %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\80\shared\Resources\1033 folder.
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005 are both installed on the same server.
The problem occurs because of the following conditions:
- The Msxmlsql.dll file is deleted from the %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Shared folder.
- The Msxmlsql.rll file is deleted from the %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Shared\Resources\1033 folder.
For more information, please see the following Microsoft KB available on Microsoft's website: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918767/