Why did my .war files not execute properly?
If you receive an error message or directory structure view when attempting to log on to VPC 5.x, you should re-deploy the contents of your .war files in your installation directory.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of VPC, verify that your backup directory is located in a different location from your current VPC directory because you will delete crucial elements of your current directory.
To Re-deploy the .WAR Files:
- Stop the VPC Services.
- Browse to the installdir/server/webapps folder.
- Right-click the policy folder and click Delete.
- Right-click the VpcAdmin folders and click Delete.
- Verify that the folders no longer exist in the directory, and start the VPC Services.
The .war files may take up to 10 minutes to redeploy their contents.
- Log on to the Administration Site.
If your logon is unsuccessful, return to the install_directory/server/webapps directory and ensure the .war files created and populated the policy and VpcAdmin folders.
- Verify that the backup versions of policy/images, VpcAdmin/images and VpcAdmin/importDocs are copied and pasted into the updated installation directory in their corresponding locations.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of VPC, replace the following folders in your current directory with the same folders from your backup directory. This step ensures that your existing data is in the correct area for access from VPC: