NetIQ AppManager for Unix 6.5
NetIQ AppManager Oracle MO 7.4
What is the purpose of Hotfix 55952?
This hotfix resolves the following issues on AppManager for Unix Agent 6.5 with Oracle MO 7.4:
- The Oracle Managed Objects installation fails on any AppManager UNIX agent version 6.5.10000.0 or higher. With this hotfix, the issue associated with the Oracle installation script has been resolved.
- When trying to fetch NULL data in DBA_DATA_FILES view, the discovery of an Oracle instance fails by displaying ORA-01405 error. This hotfix resolves an issue associated with the discovery of an Oracle instance displaying ORA-01405 error.
- When the database returns a zero value for OracleUNIX_TableSpaceAvail Knowledge Script, the script errors out, despite the fact that zero is a valid response when a database is not sorted. However, the script creates events. With this hotfix, the issue has been resolved.
This hotfix is recommended for all users running AppManager UNIX agent version 6.5 to monitor Oracle.
Installing the Hotfix
You must install this hotfix on UNIX agent computers only.
AM602_UNIX_65_Hotfix55952.exe download package contains the following files:
To install the hotfix:
- Download the
AM602_UNIX_65_Hotfix55952.exeinstallation package. https://download.netiq.com/KnowledgeDepot/AMU/Hotfixes/Recommended/AM602_UNIX_65_Hotfix55952.exe
- Extract the contents of the downloaded package to a specific folder. The default location is
- Copy the
.tarfile to each UNIX computer where AppManager for Oracle UNIX is installed with root privileges. Use FTP in binary mode to transfer the file.
- In the directory where you copied the
.tarfile, enter the following command:
tar -xvf AM65-OracleUNIX-184.108.40.206.tar
This command unpacks the setup files into the current directory.
- In the directory where the AppManager for Oracle UNIX installation files are located, run the
netiq_component_installscript. For applications running in a clustered environment, run
netiq_component_installon all nodes in the cluster.
Caution: Be aware that any changes to the Knowledge Scripts will be lost by running
AM602_OracleUNIX_Setup.exe on all repository computers.
MAINT.LOG file lists all changes and problems encountered during the installation process. The
MAINT.ERR log file lists only the problems encountered. By default, these file are located in the
If you are running AppManager Oracle MO 7.3, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article:
NETIQKB55951: What Oracle MO 7.3 issues are addressed in Hotfix 55951?