What are the software requirements for installing Directory and Resource Administrator version 8.0?
What are the software requirements for installing Directory and Resource Administrator version 8.0 SP1?
Directory and Resource Administrator 8.0
Directory and Resource Administrator 8.0 SP1
Directory and Resource Administrator is composed of the following required Administration server components and user interfaces. The Administration server is a service that must be installed on a Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 member server computer or domain controller.
The required server components follow:
- Administration Server
- Exchange Administrator
- Web component
The computer that runs the Administration server service must have the following software installed and configured:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 SP2, Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3, Microsoft Windows 2003 or Microsoft Windows 2003 SP1 (Not to include Microsoft Windows 2003 SP2)
- Active scripting enabled in Internet Explorer to run the Setup program
- NetBIOS protocol support
- DCOM support
To install and use Exchange Administrator, the Exchange server must have LDAP support enabled and one of the following versions of Exchange installed on the DRA server. Ensure the version of the Exchange Tools matches your Exchange server version:
- Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP3 Administration Tools
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 SP2 System Management Tools
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2 System Management Tools
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 5.0 or later
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.0 (Not to include 7.0)
- File System Object component (
- W3SVC service
The required user interfaces follow:
- Account and Resource Management
- Delegation and Configuration
- Command line interface (CLI)
- ADSI provider
- Web Console
- Reporting and Query Tool
Account and Resource Management, Delegation and Configuration, Command Line Interface, and ADSI Provider
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (Professional or Server)
- Microsoft Windows XP (Including SP1 and SP2)
- Windows Server 2003 SP1 (Not to include SP2)
- NetBIOS Protocol
- .NET Framework 1.1, which, by default, the setup program installs automatically
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.0
Reporting and Query Tool
By default, the setup program installs the runtime version of Microsoft Access 2000, which allows you to view reports. To customize reports, install the production version of Microsoft Access 2000 or later.
- Microsoft Access 2000, 2003
For more information about hardware requirements for installign Directory and Resource Administrator version 7.5, see NetIQ Knowledge Base Article NETIQKB54967.