NetIQ AppManager 6.x
NetIQ Control Center 6.x
NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
NetIQ Control Center 7.0.x
DTC communication fails when your NQCCDB is on Windows 2003 and your QDB is on Windows 2000
DTC communication fails when your NQCCDB is on Windows 2000 and your QDB is on Windows 2003
To correct this issue you have to disable the authentication requirement in MS DTC on the Windows 2003 server to ensure it can communicate with MS DTC on Windows 2000.
- Open up Component Services by clicking on Start, Run and running dcomcnfg on the Windows 2003 machine
- Expand Component Services > Computers
- Right Click on My Computer and choose Properties
- Select the MSDTC tab
- Select the Security Configuration button
- In the section labeled Transaction Manager Communication set the option to No Authentication Required.
- Press OK
- When prompted select Yes stop and restart the MS DTC service
The Windows 2003 and Windows 2000 DTC services should now be able to communicate with each other. Any issues involving MS DTC between the two machines should now be resolved. This includes the Control Center pre-installation check and the Control Center Cache Manager.