NetIQ AppManager 6.x
NetIQ AppManager Control Center 6.x
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP4
Error: 'Setup is unable to login to Repository as NT user currently logged into the machine, please login as a different user and retry installation.'
As a workaround, to allow you to successfully install this patch, you will need to create an Alias in the Microsoft SQL Server Client Network Utility tool, pointing it to the '(local)' server. The steps required to accomplish this are as follows:
1. Launch Microsoft SQL Server Client Network Utility.
2. Click on the Alias tab.
3. Click Add.
4. Under Network Libraries, select the TCP/IP radio button.
5. In the Server Alias field, type: (local)
6. In the Server name field, type: <servername>\<primaryinstancename> e.g. Server01\Instance01
7. Un-check the option to Dynamically determine the TCP/IP port.
8. Manually enter the correct TCP/IP port value for the SQL instance that you entered as the Server name on step 6.
9. Click OK, and then OK to save your changes and exit the Utility.
The Control Center 6.0.3 installation process should now be able to complete normally.
NetIQ Technical Support has confirmed that this is a problem in the Control Center 6.0.3 patch installation bundle and is currently reviewing it. Please contact NetIQ Technical Support if you need further assistance with this issue.