NetIQ Security Agent for Unix 5.5
VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
When I run high, medium, or low risk security patches not applied checks, Vulnerability Manager does not recognize recently applied checks.
AutoSync does not appear to be updating my security patches.
How do the high, medium, and low risk security patches not applied checks get patch info from the operating system?
These checks run an operating system command and then compare the output to the contents of the
$PSHOME/vsaunix/OS/vsau/data/datafiles/patches.*.dat file. This
.dat file contains patch information and is updated by the Vulnerability Manager AutoSync utility. Each OS has a patch file for each supported Unix OS version.
The checks run the following commands, depending on the operating system:
To troubleshoot security patches not applied checks:
- Open Vulnerability Manager.
- In the Tools menu, select AutoSync Wizard.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to download available updates and click Finish.
- In the Tools menu, select Unix Manager.
- Click Manage Agents.
- Click Update Agent Content to push the new patch information to the Unix agent's
- Run the check in question again and verify the results.
- If issues still exist:
- Run the OS command listed above directly on the Unix computer and capture the results to a file.
- In the Unix Manager, click Manage Agents > Hosts > Get Host Diag to run Unix host diagnostics.
- Send the OS command results file and host diagnostics to NetIQ Technical Support, along with a copy of the
.datfile for the specific Unix OS and the version of the OS.
See the Vulnerability Manager console help for detailed information on the AutoSync utility.