Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
Objects are being moved, instead of copied during the migration
Intra-Forest migration to a native mode target causes objects to be moved, instead of being copied
This is a function of the underlying Operating System. NetIQ Domain Migration Administrator issues 'copy' calls, not 'move' calls. Microsoft has designed Windows and Active Directory to force a 'move' process even when a 'copy' call is made against an object when the following conditions are in place:
1. The Migration scenario is Intra-Forest
2. The target domain is running in native mode
The following is an unsupported possible workaround, if migrations are performed with SidHistory:
1. Bring online a 3rd Active Directory Domain that is external to your current forest. Set this domain to run in native mode.
2. Migrate the users, groups, and computers to the domain in step 1. Migrate the users and groups with SIDHistory.
2a. In order to copy the passwords, you will need to incorporate a Password Export Server (PES). For instructions for how to set up a PES, please see the following NetIQ Knowledge Base Article: https://www.netiq.com/kb/esupport/consumer/esupport.asp?id=NETIQKB44293
3. Migrate the users, groups, and computers to the desired target domain from the domain in step 1, repeating steps 2. and 2a.