NetIQ has resolved the above described issue with the release of the NetIQ Appmanager Windows Module.
This hotfix resolves the following errors:
- Creation of XML files in the temp directory where AppManager is installed (for example: C:\Progran Files\NetIQ\Termp).
- Deleting each XML file automatically after its details are retrieved by the agent.
Knowledge Script affected:
To install this hotfix:
- Download the installation package https://www.netiq.com/support/am/extended/modules.asp?tab=60
- Extract the contents of the downloaded package (this ReadMe file, and the setup program) to a selected folder. The default location is C:\Progran Files\NetIQ\Termp.
- Run the module setup program on all AppManager version 6.0.2 repository computers and the Agent machines.
- To take advantage of the Knowledge Script updates provided with this hotfix, you must upgrade any AppManager jobs that are currently running.
The updated Knowledge Scripts provided with this module will work with earlier versions of the AppManager agent.
To upgrade jobs that are running when you install the hotfix, use the AMAdmin_UpgradeJobs Knowledge Script, with the Override job build version option enabled. By default, this option is enabled.
Note: You must enable the Override job build version option to upgrade jobs whose build version is the same as or earlier than the build version of the Knowledge Script. The job upgrade process only uses the first three characters of the build version to compare versions.
To upgrade all of the child jobs for a parent, including child jobs that are running on an AppManager agent that has not been upgraded to the latest version, enable the Force option. This option is not enabled by default.
For more information on how to use the AMAdmin_UpgradeJobs Knowledge Script, see the Operator Console online Help.
You can also use the AMAdmin_MaintenanceInstall Knowledge Script to push the hotfix out to the remote computers that require this update. Consult the online Help for more information about this Knowledge Script
Some Knowledge Scripts generate an XML file for a running job whose Event or Collect Data parameter is set to Yes. The file is used if the particular Knowledge Script (in the logic of the script code) determines that the event or detail data will exceed a specific memory limit, therefore requiring this information to be stored as a file rather than an in-memory variable. Normally, the XML file is automatically deleted after its details are retrieved by the managed agent. The following errors occur in the NT Knowledge Scripts:
- The XML files were stored in the directory as specified in the TEMP Environment Variable.
- After events were raised, the XML files were not deleted automatically, causing redundant files to use up disk space.