NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 5.0
Cannot export a Group Policy Object using the Export Override feature.
Error: 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.'
Error: 'Export service account unable to connect to the repository server or was unable to access the local GPOs folder.'
The GPR server COM+ identity does not have the required permissions in the GPA_Repository database to perform the export override function.
To grant the account used for the Com+ identity db_owner rights to the GPA_Repository database:
- Click Start > Programs > Administrative Tools> Component Services.
- Right-click GPR Server V5> Properties.
- Select the Identity tab to see the name of the configured account.
- In SQL Enterprise Manager, expand Databases > GPO_Repository.
- Right-click GPO_Repository> New > Database User.
- Add the account used for the COM+ identity.
- Select Roles under the GPO_Repository database node.
- Add the GPA security account to the db_owner role.
- Click OK.
If you use a domain account for the Com+ account, it also needs to have the Log on as a batch job privilege set in a Group Policy Object, or when the Active Directory performs an update, the identity of the COM+ package is reset, and the permission is removed, which will result in exports failing when using the export override account.
For more information, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q312497