How does Domain Migration Administrator translate security for Domain Local Groups?
Can Domain Migration Administrator translate security for Domain Local Groups
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
To update the Domain Local group's membership to reflect the Global groups and/or User accounts that have been migrated, please perform the following steps:
- Right click the project that migrated the User accounts and/or Global groups
- Select the "Translate Security" option
- For the Test or make Changes screen, choose to "Migrate Now"
- For the Security Account Selection screen, select the migrated Global groups and/or User accounts that are members of the Domain Local group(s) who's membership you want to update
- For the Computer Selection screen, select the Domain Controller for the domain (this is where the Domain Local group actually exists)
- For the Translate Options screen, select the options you want to translate, make sure the Local Groups option is selected
- For the Security Translate Options screen, select Replace, Add or Remove (NetIQ suggests translating security in Add mode)
- For the User Account screen, provide the credentials for the user account being used to do the migration/security translation
- Click on Finish to begin the Security Translation