Directory and Resource Administrator 7.5
Assistant Admins with the power to modify phone numbers cannot modify the Telephone field on the General tab of a user account.
I cannot assign Assistant Admins the ability to modify the Telephone field on the General tab of a user account unless I assign them the ability to modify every attribute on the General tab.
I am unable to delegate the power to only modify the Telephone field on the General tab of a user account's Properties to an Assistant Admin.
The built-in power to modify phone numbers does not include the ability to modify the Telephone field on the General tab of the Properties for a user account.
To assign the ability to modify the Telephone field of the General tab of a user account's Properties without assigning access to the entire General tab, create a custom power.
To create a custom power to allow the modification of the Telephone field:
- Log on to the computer as a DRA Admin or DRA Security Model Admin.
- Open the Delegation and Configuration console.
- In the left-hand pane, expand Delegation Management.
- Right-click Powers and select New Power.
- On the Welcome to the Create Power Wizard tab, click Next.
- On the Specify the Object Type and Action tab, click Next.
- On the Specify Object Properties tab, click Add.
- In the Select Properties window, type
telephonein the Contains field and click Find Now.
- In the Results pane, select telephoneNumber and click Add.
- If you want this custom power to include the ability to add multiple telephone numbers, select otherTelephone in the Results pane and click Add.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- On the General window, type a descriptive name for the custom power and any additional information in the appropriate fields and click Next.
- On the Completing the Power Create Wizard window, clear the I want to delegate this power after I finish this wizard check box and click Finish.
You can now use this custom power by adding it to custom roles or by assigning it to Assistant Admins in an ActiveView.