How do I set up file distribution to save to a file share?
How do I set up file distribution to a share point?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
When I run a report with file distribution set to save to a shared drive, the file does not appear.
Reports run in Vulnerability Manager and saved to a file share do not appear.
The report distribution feature has to be set up to save to a physical computer and not a network share.
To resolve this issue, specify an actual physical computer for the destination instead of a shared drive.
To set report distribution to distribute to a specific computer:
- Execute the security check or task that you wish to distribute.
- If you want to distribute a task, select the Distribution button at the bottom of the wizard screen.
- If you want to distribute a security check, select the Distribution option on the left hand side of the wizard.
- Click Add and select the File option.
- Type the name for the new file in the File Name field.
- Specify the local or remote location of the share drive. For example, a local location would be
c:\, while a shared drive location would be