NetIQ Analysis Center 2.x
Microsoft SQL Analysis Services
Cannot complete the setup program.
Error: '** Error [NQOLAP] CreateDB Failed Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0005): Invalid procedure call or argument at DSO.OlapCollectionClass.AddNew(String Name, SubClassTypes SubClassType) at NetIQ.UtilOLAP.OLAPPROCESS.CreateDatabase() at NetIQ.UtilOLAP.CREATEDB.NetIQ.UtilOLAP.IOLAPVerb.Execute(OLAPPROCESS olapProcess). Exception in Repository Installer. NetIQ.Diagnostics.NQException: Error in the application. at NetIQ.XmlCheckInLib.CheckIn.LoadXML() at NetIQ.XmlCheckInLib.CheckIn.LoadXML(XmlDocument xmlDoc) at NetIQ.RepositoryInstall.RepositoryInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver). Running Rollback phase of non-transacted install.'
Migrate the Microsoft Analysis Services repository from an Access database to a Microsoft SQL Server database according to the guidelines in the Microsoft article Migrating Analysis Services Repositories, at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/olapdmad/agregserver_23hv.asp. This option avoids the one gigabyte limitation of the Access Jet database and does not require downtime for maintenance.
You can use these steps as recommendations for the newly migrated repository:
- In SQL Enterprise Manager, browse to the Microsoft SQL Server where you want to create the repository database.
- Right-click Databases and select New Database.
- Enter the name Database AS_Repository and click OK.
- In SQL Analysis Manager on the SQL Analysis Services server, expand to you Analysis Services server name.
- Right-click the server name and select Migrate Repository.
- Select Use Analysis Services native format and click Next.
- Enter the Microsoft SQL Server name where you created the AS_Repository database and click Next.
- Enter the credentials to connect to the Microsoft SQL Server and click Next.
- Select AS_Repository and click Finish.
- When the migration is complete, click OK.
Otherwise, verify all of the requirements for Windows Only authentication have been met as listed in Deciding Between Windows and SQL Authentication (poage 13-14 of Planning the Installation Chapter 2) in the AnalysisCenter guide or use Mixed mode for installation and have component authentication verified with SQL accounts.
The msmdrep database, a file used by Microsoft SQL Analysis Services, has reached or exceeded its size limit of one gigabyte. The msmdrep database slowly grows each time cubes are processed until it reaches one gigabyte in size, rather than reclaiming the unused space.
The Windows Only installation method was selected, and the Windows Only requirements have not been configured.