NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 5.0
You are only installing the GPA Server component
Email notifications are not being generated when repository actions are performed.
The following error is displayed in the GPA Server logs: "Could not connect to SQL DB. SQL Server is not same box as GPA Server. Exception: Cannot open database requested in login 'GPO_REPOSITORY'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'GPEUROPE\GpaServiceUser'."
Error: "failed to get transport configuration settings" when trying to use export override to deploy a GPO.
The installer does not create a login for the NetIQ GPA Server user account in the GPO_REPOSITORY database when performing a GPA Server component-only installation. Because of this the service account running the NetIQ GPA Server service is not granted the appropriate permissions to the GPO_REPOSITORY database and is not made a member of the NetIQ_GPR_Server role.
Ensure the service account for the NetIQ Group Policy Administrator (GPA) server is granted Public permissions to the GPO_REPOSITORY database and is added to the NetIQ_GPR_Server role by performing the following steps:
- Launch SQL Enterprise Manager and connect to the database server that contains the GPO_REPOSITORY database.
- Expand the Security> Logins node and verify the GPA Security account is listed in the result window.
- If the GPA Security account is not listed in the result window, on the Action menu click New Login to add the GPA Security account.
- In the result window, click the GPA Security account.
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- On the Database Access tab, select the GPO_REPOSITORY database.
- Confirm there is a check mark in the box next to GPO_REPOSITORY database in the Permit column.
- Confirm there is a check mark in the box next to public in the "Database roles for 'GPO_REPOSITORY'" window.
- Navigate to the Databases > GPO_REPOSITORY > Roles node.
- Select NetIQ_GPR_Server, and then on the Action menu click Properties.
- Confirm the GPA Security account is listed in the window titled "Database role type."
- If the GPA Security account is not listed, click Add to add the the GPA Security account, and then click OK.