Directory and Resource Administrator 7.5
Changing the SMTP address on a contact does not update the Email field on the General tab.
If you change the SMTP address on a contact using native tools, the Email Address space on the General tab updates, but if you make the change using Directory and Resource Administrator, it does not.
Why can't I update the SMTP address of a contact using DRA?
This is a known issue that is scheduled to be fixed in the next release of Directory and Resource Administrator.
As a workaround, use a pre-task trigger associated with the ContactSetInfo operation.
To create a pre-task trigger for the ContactSetInfo operation:
- Copy the following code into Notepad and save it as a
.vbsfile on the Directory and Resource Administrator server computer:
- Open the Delegation and Configuration console.
- Expand Policy and Automation Management > Automation Triggers.
- In the taskbar, click New Trigger to launch the Automation Trigger Wizard.
- Click Next and select Pre-task Trigger.
- Click Browse and locate the ContactSetInfo operation.
- Click Add and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Select Script for the file type.
- In the DO File Path field, type the path to the location of the script.
- Click Next, and then click Next again to accept the default settings for the scope.
- If you want to accept the default error messages created by the wizard, click Next.
- If you want to customize your own error messages, type your error message text into the appropriate text boxes and click Next.
- Type a name and description for your trigger, verify that the Trigger Enabled check box is selected, and click Next.
- Verify that all information listed in the Summary is correct and click Finish.
- Try to edit a contact. The required fields should be updated correctly.
On Error Resume Next
strSMTP = "SMTP:"
Select Case UCASE(Varset.Get("In.OperationName"))
sProxyAddress = Varset.Get("In.Properties.proxyAddresses")
iArraySize = (UBound(sProxyAddress) - LBound(sProxyAddress)) + 1
If (iArraySize > 1) Then
For I = LBound(sProxyAddress) To UBound(sProxyAddress)
If (StrComp(Left(sProxyAddress(I),5),strSMTP,0) = 0) Then
sMail = Right(sProxyAddress(I), Len(sProxyAddress(I)) - 5)
Main = True
This issue is scheduled to be fixed in the next release of Directory and Resource Administrator, and the trigger script above is only a workaround until the new version of Directory and Resource Administrator is released.