Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
Not able to see computer objects in Modeling section of DMA project
Can't find computer objects when modeling data
Computer modeling not working
Computers imported from a .csv not showing up in database modeling
When computers are selected by importing a CSV file, Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) incorrectly adds/updates the ObjectName and SamAccountName column in the Model table of the project's database by adding an extra dollar sign ($$).
The entries for each computer accounts' records show up as
computerName$$. The double dollar sign is a mistake and should not appear anywhere in the table as this causes the computer to appear missing from the Modeling:Edit Computer data interface.
This is a known issue with Domain Migration Administrator (DMA). However, keep in mind that Microsoft Windows 2000/XP or later machines cannot be renamed and migrated at the same time. This limits the usability of the modeling functionality. However, if the modeling functionality is necessary to direct machines to a different OU, or you are migrating Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 machines, you can use the following process:
- Using Microsoft Access, open the projectName.mdb file (
- Select Tables.
- Double-click the Model table.
- Remove the trailing dollar sign ($) from the end of the ObjectName value and SamAccountName value for the computer accounts.
An alternative way to do this is to perform a Find/Replace on the ObjectName and SamAccountName columns to find the double dollar sign ($$) and replace it with a single dollar sign ($). This will remove all double dollar signs from the ObjectName and SamAccountName columns.
- If you have computer names that actually contain a dollar sign, you will not be able to use this process and will need to update the values manually.
- If you have users and computers that have the same name, you will not be able to use this process, as it will attempt to create a duplicate of the PrimaryKey value of SourcePath for the SelectedObjects table.
Furthermore, computers and users of the same name cannot be migrated in the same project