NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 5.0
I cannot import a Group Policy Object from Active Directory to Group Policy Administrator.
In Group Policy Administrator 5.0, the import function does not work.
The Import GPO from AD action fails without generating an error.
In order to import a Group Policy Object (GPO) from Active Directory to Group Policy Administrator, you must create a category to accept the incoming GPO. This issue is experienced following an upgrade to Group Policy Administrator 5.0. If you perform a clean installation of Group Policy Administrator 5.0, the option to import is grayed out until you create a category.
To correct this issue, create a new category in Group Policy Administrator.
To create a GP Repository category and import a Group Policy Object:
- Open the GPA Console.
- Expand GP Repository > server name.
- Right-click the domain into which you want to import a GPO and select New > Category.
- Type a name for the category into the text box.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the new category and select Import GPO from AD.
- Select the GPO to import and click OK.