Can I change the OU path for creating objects using the Web Console?
How can I create objects in a different path?
How do I use the Web Console to select a different OU where I can create objects?
Can an Assistant Admin change the OU path via the Web Console?
How do I create objects in an OU other than the default?
Can I change the Create in path in the Web Console?
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
If your delegated ActiveViews contain more than one OU as a target for create operations and you have been granted a power/role to create objects, you can change the path in which you create objects. You can select the path to a specified OU in which you can create objects using both the Web or 32-bit consoles.
To change the Create in path when using the DRA Web Console:
- Open the Web Console.
- If you want to create a new user, complete the following steps:
- Under Account Management, click Users.
- Click Create a user.
- If you want to create a new group, complete the following steps:
- Under Account Management, click Groups.
- Click Create a group.
- If you want to create a new computer, complete the following steps:
- Under Account Management, click Computers.
- Click Create a computer.
- Under the Create in container option, click Browse.
- Type the name of the desired OU for the create operation into the textbox and click Go.
- Click the name of the OU in the list.
- Fill in the other fields in the form and click Create Object, where Object is the specific object type.
The ActiveViews also need to have rules for object types for the create operations (users, groups, contacts, and computers).