How do I increase logging for an iSeries agent so I can gather logs?
How do I change the logging parameters on the iSeries agent so I can gather data?
NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries 8.0
VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 7.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
Security Manager 5.1 and over
To increase the logging for an iSeries agent and gather logs, perform the following steps:
- On the iSeries command line, type the following commands pressing Enter after each:
CHGJOBD JOBD(PSCOMMON/PSEAGENT) LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)
CHGJOBD JOBD(PSCOMMON/PSEAGENTD) LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)
CHGJOBD JOBD(PSCOMMON/PSEREPORT) LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)
CHGJOBD JOBD(PSCOMMON/PSEGETLOGS) LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)
- On the PSEnterprise Agent Configuration screen, change the logging level to 9 and press F10.
ENDSBS ZPSE *IMMEDand press Enter.
DSPMSG QSYSOPRand press Enter. Ensure that subsystem ZPSE ended.
STRSBS SBSD(PSCOMMON/ZPSE)and press Enter.
- After rerunning the failed report/collection, end subsystem ZPSE.
- Gather all output associated with the PSEAGENT, PSEAGENTD, PSEREPORT and PSEGETLOGS jobs by performing the following steps.
- On the iSeries command line, type
- Note the job number of one of the PSEGETLOGS jobs that is already finished.
- Access Operations Navigator and signon to the appropriate iSeries server.
- Expand the options for the system by clicking on the + sign behind the system name.
- Select Basic Operations and Printer output.
- Press F11.
- In the Job name field of the Printer output - Include screen, note the current value (usually All).
- Replace the current value in the Job name field with the job number noted earlier, PSOBJOWNS and PSEGETLOGS. For example, 015395/PSOBJOWNS/PSEGETLOGS
- Click OK.
- Drag and drop all spooled files for PSEGETLOGS to your desktop.
- Press F11 and replace the job identifier with the default value noted earlier.
- Repeat steps a through k for each required job by replacing PSEGETLOGS with PSEAGENT, PSEAGENTD, or PSEREPORT.
- Email the spooled files that were dragged to your desktop to: Suppport@netiq.com.