How do I get the DRA Reporting Tool to include event log data from other DRA administration servers?
How does the DRA Reporting Tool import process locate other DRA administration servers to collect data from current event logs?
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
The Import process for DRA Reporting is not pulling event logs from other DRA servers.
Reporting import is not retrieving the current event logs from ALL administration servers in the domain.
Not all DRA servers are registered with the DRA agent on the domain controller that was queried.
The import process in the Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) Reporting Tool uses the DRA agent to locate other administration servers to pull current event logs from. If an administration server is not registered with the agent that responds, the import process does not know about the server and does not attempt to retrieve the current event logs from the server.
To retrieve event logs from all administration servers for reporting, perform the following steps:
- Verify that all Administration servers are registered with the DRA agent on each domain controller.
- From an administration server, open a command prompt window.
- Change directories to the DRA directory. (By default it is C:\Program Files\NetIQ\DRA )
EaAgentUtil /status <name of DC>.
- Refresh the agents on each DRA server not registered in Step One, and monitor the Application event log to be sure each of the domain controllers responds to the the request.
- Log on to an unregistered administration server as a DRA admin.
- Launch the Delegation and Configuration console.
- Right click the Configuration Management node and select Update Administration Server Options
- Click the Refresh Agents button.
- Open the Application event log. There should be an Event ID 13625 response for each DC.
- Repeat Steps a - e for each unregistered DRA administration server.