Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
Microsoft Windows 2003 Service Pack 1
Microsoft Windows 2003 Server R2
Why do I need to upgrade to SP3?
What is in Service Pack 3 for 64-bit?
The AppManager 6.0.2 Service Pack 3 for 64-Bit Support extends AppManager 6.0.2 monitoring support to 64-bit systems running Windows 2003 Server (with or without SP 1) and Windows 2003 R2 (64-bit), including AMD Opteron, Intel EM64T, and Intel Itanium. If you are not currently using AppManager to monitor 64-bit Windows systems, you do not need to apply this service pack.
This service pack enables you to run the following Knowledge Scripts:
- AMAdmin Knowledge Scripts, including AMAdmin_AddManagedObject, AMAdmin_AddManagedObjectProxy, AMAdmin_AgentInstall, AMAdmin_AgentInstallProxy, AMAdmin_AgentPreinstall, AMAdmin_AgentPreinstallProxy, AMAdmin_AppManagerUninstall, AMAdmin_AppManagerUninstallProxy, and AMAdmin_UnixAgentInstallProxy
- Discovery_WMI Knowledge Script
- NT_RegistryChange Knowledge Script. On 64-bit Windows systems, this Knowledge Script can now be configured to monitor registry information for 32-bit or 64-bit programs
- NTADMIN_RegistrySet Knowledge Script. On 64-bit Windows systems, this Knowledge Script can be configured to set registry information for 32-bit or 64-bit programs
- WIN2000_MSIPackagesChange Knowledge Script
- WIN2000 Event Log-based Knowledge Scripts, including WIN2000_RemoteStorageEventLog, WIN2000_PrinterEventLog, WIN2000_RemoteStorageEventLog, WIN2000_SMTPEventLog, and General_ShortEventLog
- WIN2003_BITSJobProgress, WIN2003_BITSJobsActive, WIN2003_BITSJobsError, WIN2003_BITSJobState, and WIN2003_BITSJobStats. Note that run these Knowledge Scripts, Version 2.0 of the Windows .NET Framework must be installed on the computer you want to monitor
Installing the Service Pack
To install this service pack, you must update all of your AppManager repositories, console computers, and managed 64-bit Windows systems. This service pack does not apply to managed 32-bit Windows systems.
To install AppManager 6.0.2 SP3:
- Download the installation package, AM603_UpdateFor64bit.exe from https://www.netiq.com/support/am/extended/sp.asp.
- Extract the contents of the download package to a specified folder. The default location is C:\Program Files\NetIQ. The download package includes this readme file, the setup program (AM603_UpdateFor64bit_setup.exe), and the updated Knowledge Base Server content bundle (AM-English-UpdateFor64bit.kbc).
- On each repository computer, run the AM603_UpdateFor64bit_setup.exe program to install the updated Knowledge Scripts.
- On any console computers, run the AM603_UpdateFor64bit_setup.exe program to update the online Help.
- On 64-bit AMD Opteron, Intel EM64T, and Intel Itanium-based systems running Windows 2003 Server, run the setup program, AM603_UpdateFor64bit_setup.exe to update the AppManager managed object.
To apply this service pack to your remote managed 64-bit Windows 2003 Servers, use the AMADMIN_MaintenanceInstall Knowledge Script.
This service pack installs new managed objects (qwmia4.dll and qdotneta4.dll). The version number for the new managed objects is 184.108.40.206. To access the version number of the managed object, open Windows Explorer and change directories to Program Files\NetIQ\AppManager\bin. Right-click qwmia4.dll or qdotneta4.dll and select Properties. The version of the file is displayed in the Version tab of the Properties dialog box.
- After you have applied this service pack to all of your managed 64-bit Windows 2003 Servers, you should update discovery information by running the Discovery_NT and Discovery_WMI Knowledge Scripts and start new jobs to take advantage of the fixes described above. You do not need to upgrade jobs.