NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.5
Error: 'Failed to get program files value. Access denied' when trying to deploy new agents remotely from console.
Remotely deploying new agents from the console causes an error.
The Windows user account you specified to deploy the agent does not have permission to the registry of the remote target computer.
The remote registry service is not running on the remote computer.
Ensure the Windows user logged into the console is in the ACL of the winreg key on the target computer with a minimum of read permissions. To do this, complete the following steps:
- Click Start > Run.
regeditin the Open field.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipeServers\winreg.
- Right-click winreg and select Permissions.
- Click Add.
- Select the appropriate Windows group or user who is attempting to install the agent.
Ensure the Remote Registry service is running on the remote computer. To do this, complete the following steps:
- On the remote computer, right-click My Computer and select Manage.
- Expand Services and Applications and select Services.
- Look up the Remote Registry service and verify it is running.
- If the Remote Registry service is not running, right-click the service and select Restart.
It is recommended that you backup your registry before any registry changes are made.