How do I create an Active Directory endpoint for a Windows 5.5 Agent?
How do I monitor an Active Directory computer?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.5
You can monitor Active Directory computers using Vulnerability Manager. To enable monitoring of an Active Directory computer, create an Active Directory endpoint.
To add an Active Directory endpoint to your asset map:
Log on to the Vulnerability Manager console as a Vulnerability Manager Administrator.
If you have not yet created the system and agent associated with the Windows Domain or Active Directory endpoint, complete the following steps:
- In the tree pane, click Managed Systems.
- On the Actions menu, click Manage System.
- In the Name field, type a name for the system.
- In the Type field, select Windows Machine.
- Click IP Lookup.
- Specify the appropriate values for the remaining fields.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard until you have added the system, agent, and endpoint.
Select the Windows agent to which you want to add the Active Directory endpoint.
On the Actions menu, click Add Endpoint.
In the Name field, type a name for the endpoint. This name must be different from the original Windows Machine endpoint name you created in Step 2.
In the Endpoint Type field, select Active Directory.
Specify the appropriate values for the remaining fields.
If you are adding more than one endpoint, click Add Endpoint. Repeat Steps 6 through 8 for each endpoint you want to add.
Note: Chapter 3 of the User Guide for Vulnerability Manager also contains the information in this fix.