SPA installation completes, but I get an error when I attempt to launch it.
Unable to start SPA, although installation was apparently successful.
To resolve this issue:
- If MSDE or SQL Server is not already installed on the SPA server, install MSDE 2000 or SQL Server 2000 SP3 or later.
- Reinstall Secure Password Administrator, specifying the correct SQL Server name and SA password.
There are several possible reasons for this issue:
- The SPA database is missing.
- An incorrect username or password was specified for the SPA service account.
- The SPA service account does not have logon permissions to the database.
- An incorrect SQL Server name was specified during installation.
- SQL Server or MSDE is not installed.
SQL Server or MSDE may not have existed on the SPA server during the Secure Password Administrator installation, and it is possible that MSDE did not install with SPA even though the option to install MSDE was selected.