NetIQ AppManager Control Center 6.x
Error: 'Server: Msg 7391, Level 16, State 1,
To solve the problem:
- On the SQL Server, use SQL Query Analyzer to execute SELECT @@servername. If the result is NULL, go to step 4.
- If the result is different from the SQL Server instance name, execute the stored procedure sp_dropserver <incorrect server name>.
- Execute the stored procedure sp_addserver <correct server name>, local.
- Restart the SQL Server service and the SQL Agent service.
- Verify that SELECT @@servername returns the correct server name.
The machine that the program expects does not exist. Some common actions that create this situation are:
- Renaming the computer.
- Taking an image of the SQL Server computer, and copying the image to another computer.
- Running the sp_dropserver stored procedure for the local SERVERNAME.
If the DTC problem is not solved, perform a more thorough diagnosis using the steps described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:
- Troubleshoot MS DTC Firewall Issues, which you can find at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306843
- Troubleshooting Linked Server Error 7391, which you can find at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306212
- Use DTCTester Tool, which you can find at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;293799