How are SPA profiles used?
What information does a SPA profile include?
Can I easily import SPA profiles for all my user accounts?
A Secure Password Administrator profile (SPA profile) is the licensed object containing the following information:
- Personal information, including the full name and email address of a user
- User accounts managed with Secure Password Administrator
- Identity verification questions
Under most circumstances, the number of employees to whom you want to grant self-service password capabilities is equal to the number of profiles you should license.
SPA identifies unique SPA profiles through one of two ways:
- If profiles were loaded using a SPA profile management file, the uniqueness of the email address identifies the profile.
- If users are self-registering profiles, the uniqueness of the domain and user name pair identify the profile.
If you do not permit users to create their own SPA profiles, users cannot register themselves with SPA. In this case, you must create a SPA profile management file and import the necessary SPA profile information for each user you want to register. For more information about importing SPA profile management files, see ?Preloading and Modifying SPA Profiles Using Management Files? in the User Guide.