Exchange Migrator 2.x
Public Folders will not synchronize new data.
Cannot synchronize messages between public folders.
Synchronization fails without an error.
If the LastMigration time was stamped prior to the attempt to synchronize Public Folder data, this could prevent Exchange Migrator from source to target Public Folder. The reason for this is because the following process occurs:
- Public Foders are migrated with the option to migrate without data set in the project's Specify Migration Options wizard.
- The Public Folder Synchronize and Update option is run without realizing the Migrate mailboxes and public folders without messages option is selected.
- The LastMigration time gets stamped, even though no messages were migrated.
- Exchange Migrator now uses that LastMigration time stamp and because all of the data that was in that public folder was there before the time was stamped, it will not Synchronize that Public Folder's data because it sees the presence of that data as outdated.
To verify the state of the setting to migrate mailboxes and public folders without messages:
- Right-click the project that contains the public folders or mailboxes that you are attempting to synchronize.
- Click Specify Migration Options.
- Advance through the wizard to the Customize Migration Processing screen.
- Clear Migrate mailboxes and public folders without messages.
- Retry the public folder synchronization.
If the synchronization still does not work, remove the LastMigration time for the entire project as described in the NetIQ Knowledge Base article NETIQKB36788: "How do I clear the last migration time in the EMA database?" at www.netiq.com/kb/esupport/consumer/esupport.asp?id=NETIQKB36788