How can I change the port the Group Policy Administrator (GPA) Console uses to communicate with the GP Repository?
How can I connect to the GP Repository if I change the TCP/IP port my SQL server listens on?
NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 4.6
NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 5.0
It is possible to change the TCP/IP port the GPA Console uses to connect to the SQL Server computer hosting the GP Repository.
To change the TCP/IP port the GPA Console uses:
- Start the GPA Console.
- In the left pane, select GP Repository.
- On the Action menu, select New > Connect to Database.
- Select or type the name of the SQL Server computer hosting the GP Repository database.
- After the computer name, type a comma followed by the port number the SQL server is listening on (do not includes spaces).
- Click OK to connect to the SQL server on the specified TCP/IP port.