NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 4.6
NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 5.0
Error: "Failed to connect to the repository domain object. ERROR:80004005:Unable to get FAGPR object" when running the RunOfflineMirror.bat utility.
Cannot connect to the domain node in GPA
The domain was added under the repository server node using the NetBIOS name rather than the fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
To resolve this issue, the domain needs to be manually removed using the SQL Enterprise Manager tool and then re-added to the Repository using the NetBIOS name.
To manually remove the domain:
- Open Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager on the SQL Server computer where you installed the Repository database.
- In the left pane, navigate to Microsoft SQL Servers \SQL Server Group\(local) (Windows NT)\Databases\GPO_REPOSITORY\Tables
- In the right pane, click fa_rep_gpo_folders.
- On the Action menu, select OpenTable > Return all rows.
- In the folder_name row, look for the name of the domain to which you are unable to connect (make sure folder_type value for the row is Domain and the folder_parent_id value for the row is <NULL>).
- Right-click the row with the domain and select Delete.
- To confirm that you want to permanently delete the row, click Yes.
- Close SQL Enterprise Manager.
To add the domain to GPA using the NetBIOS name:
- Start NetIQ Group Policy Administrator.
- In the left pane, expand GP Repository and select the Repository server.
- On the Action menu, select and select New >Domain.
- Instead of typing in the name of the domain you want to add, browse to the domain.
- In the Browse for Domain window, select the domain to be added and click OK.
- Click OK again to add the domain to the Repository.