NetIQ AppManager 6.x
NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
Action_RunKS Knowledge Script fails
Error: Failed to submit action for action job for event job with unknown error 7
Error: Unable to
To verify proper configuration:
- Verify that the properties of the Knowledge Script being triggered by Action_RunKS. For example, ensure that the Knowledge Script has the correct Exchange server name, correct file location, and so on.
- Verify that the location of the action (Action_RunKS) is set to the location of the agent where the Operator Console is installed. If the Operator Console is installed on the Management Server, use MS as the default action location.
- Verify that the NetIQOLE Object is installed and registered. The NetIQOLE object is installed along with the Operator Console.
In order for this KS to work correctly, the Action must be set to run from an Agent that has a NetIQOLE.dll file installed and registered on it.
- The NetIQOLE.dll file is automatically installed and registered on the following systems:
- NetIQ AppManager Operator Console systems
- NetIQ AppManager Report Agent systems
- If the server running the job that triggered the Action is either a Report Agent, or has an Operator Console installed on it, then the Action can be run as an MC-based Action.
- If the server running the job that triggered the Action is not a Report Agent, and does not have an Operator Consoel installed on it, you will need to configure the Action to be a Proxy-based action. WHen you do this, you will be prompted to select a server from the list of known Agents. Pick a server that you know is either a Report Agent or has an Operator Console installed on it.
If you need further assistance with the Action_RunKS knowledge script, please contact NetIQ Technical Support.