How many libraries can I exclude during the SAR database load?
How do I exclude libraries from the database load?
VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 7.5
VigilEnt Security Agent for PSAudit 7.5
System Auditing and Reporting (SAR)
When I specify library names in all provided Library fields in the Set Object Load Defaults screen, the database load fails.
Error: Length or start position is out of range for the string operation (C G D F).
Cause . . . . . : One of the following has occurred in RPG procedure AA2003R in program PSAUDIT/AA2003R at statement 667:
- A numeric length or start position is less than 1 or too large for the string operation.
- The search-argument parameter of the %SCAN built-in function has zero length or is longer than the source-string parameter.
- The maximum-length parameter of the %STR built-in function is not a value between 1 and 32767.
The Libraries field in the Set Object Load Defaults screen has 54 fields; however, you can exclude only 53 libraries from the database load. This limitation was removed in the NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries 8.0 release.
To include or exclude libraries from SAR reports:
- From the NetIQ Product Access Menu, type
1(PSAudit) and press Enter.
1(System Auditing and Reporting) and press Enter.
1(Load Auditing Database Menu) and press Enter.
2(Set Libraries List for Database Load) and press Enter.
- If you want reports to query all libraries except those specified, type
Ein the Libraries to Include/Exclude field and press Tab.
- If you want reports to query only specified libraries, type
Iin the Libraries to Include/Exclude field and press Tab.
- Specify the libraries you want to include or exclude from reports in the Libraries fields.
- Press F8.
Yand press Enter.
- Press F3 until you return to the main menu.
NetIQ has recognized this as an issue and we are currently reviewing it. This article will be updated to reflect the most recent progress.