How do I display the Logon ID for group memberships in the DRA Web Console?
How do I customize the DRA Web Console to display a custom column when viewing group members?
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
You can customize the Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) Web Console by adding columns to views. A Web Console customization tutorial is provided in DRA 6.60 and later. The Customization Quick Tour is located under the Help menu in the Web Console. This tutorial provides basic customization steps and examples. Use the following procedure to add a Login ID column to the group memberships view.
To add a Logon ID column for user accounts when viewing group memberships in the DRA Web Console:
- Copy GetMemberListHTML.asp from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DRAWeb\WebConsole\Builtin \Common\Scripts\SearchForms to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DRAWeb\WebConsole\Custom \Common\Scripts\SearchForms .
- If necessary, remove the read only attribute of the new custom .asp file.
- Open the new custom GetMemberListHTML.asp in notepad or other text editor.
- Find the following line in the .asp file: MemberList.AddResultColumn "$McsFriendlyName", WebConsole.GetAppMsg("MEMBER_LIST_RESULT_COL_NAME_CAPTION")
- Add the following line above the existing line (where YourCompany is the name of your company): MemberList.AddResultColumn "SamAccountname", " YourCompany logonID"
- On the File menu, click Save.
- Close the editor.
The resulting custom GetMemberListHTML.asp file contains these lines:
MemberList.AddResultColumn "SamAccountname", " YourCompany logonID"
MemberList.AddResultColumn "$McsFriendlyName", WebConsole.GetAppMsg("MEMBER_LIST_RESULT_COL_NAME_CAPTION")
MemberList.AddResultColumn "$McsFriendlyPath", WebConsole.GetAppMsg("MEMBER_LIST_RESULT_COL_PATH_CAPTION")
Web Console customizations are outside the normal scope of Technical Support and are unsupported. NetIQ's Implementation Services group builds custom solutions for customers. Please contact your NetIQ Sales Representative for information on this option.
For more information about customizing the Web Console in DRA 6.60 and later, see the Customization Quick Tour located under the Help menu in the Web Console.