How do I schedule the SAR database load?
How do I run the SAR database load?
How do I find the Load Auditing Database menu option for iSeries?
NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries 8.0
VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 7.5
VigilEnt Security Agent for PSAudit 7.5
System Auditing and Reporting (SAR)
You should run this job when there is as little activity as possible on the server. Running this job at a time of minimal activity reduces the likelihood that objects will be locked when the request for object information runs.
Running the database load creates the PSBATCH subsystem. The PSBATCH subsystem manages the jobs as they are submitted for each library, then deletes itself when it is finished.
Each time the database load runs, it replaces the existing copy so it does not consume additional space unless there are new objects. The more frequently you run the database load, the more current the information is for the reports that pull data from this information. At a minimum, you should run this job weekly.
To schedule the SAR database load, complete the following steps:
- From the NetIQ Product Access Menu, type
1(PSAudit) and press Enter.
1(System Auditing and Reporting) and press Enter.
1(Load Auditing Database Menu) and press Enter.
2(Set Libraries List for Object Load) and press Enter.
- Review Libraries Included or Excluded. It is recommended that you not exclude any libraries unless you do not want to report on them. You can use this feature for special loads if you need to run one for just a few libraries, or want to exclude a few libraries.
- If you make changes, complete the following steps:
- Press F8=Save Settings.
Yand press Enter.
- Press F12=Cancel to return to the Load Auditing Database Menu.
- If you do not make any changes, press F12=Cancel.
1(Load File, Obj. & Library Database) and press Enter.
- Confirm that the Run Interactively value is set to
- If you want to submit the job immediately, press Enter.
- If you want to schedule the job to run at a later time, complete the following steps:
- Press F7=Schedule.
- Select the time and frequency for the job run and press Enter once. Note that pressing Enter twice will submit the job immediately and schedule the job.
- When the submittal window returns, press F3=Exit to exit the window without submitting the job to run immediately.