How do I increase the logging for Domain Migration Administrator?
Domain Migration Administrator 7.2
The easiest way to change the logging level in Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) is to use the DMA Settings window.
Warning: Increasing the logging level can create very large DCTLog.txt log files on computers where DMA translates security.
To set the DMA logging level from the main console:
- In the left pane, select Domain Migration Administrator.
- On the Action menu, click View.
- Select DMA Settings.
- Check Log file-level detail of changes in security translation.
To set the DMA logging level from wizard account selection screens:
- On the account selection screen of the Migrate Users, Migrate Groups, Migrate Computers, or Select Objects wizards, click Options.
- Check file-level detail.
For troubleshooting, you can specify additional logging levels. Changing DMA logging levels can greatly increase the size of the DCTLog.txt log file created on remote computers when translating security. To adjust the logging level for troubleshooting edit the TranslationLogLevel registry key.
WARNING: Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. NetIQ cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Make sure that you back up your Registry prior to making any changes.
To increase the DMA logging level by editing the TranslationLogLevel key:
- Run regedt32.
- Locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NetIQ\DMA\TranslationLogLevel
- Change the value to one of the following logging levels:
- .dec 3 / .hex 3 = Default upon install
- .dec 4 / .hex 4 = File Stats
- .dec 7 /.hex 7 = File level detail
- .dec 16 /.hex 10 = Verbose
- .dec 23 /.hex 17 = More Verbose
- .dec 50 /.hex 32 = VeryVerbose ("Massive")