NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
Data is not returned when running a custom check using the File Content object.
Custom checks using the File Content object do not work.
In Vulnerability Manager 5.5, the File Content object for the Unix agent does not work correctly.
This issue affects both new checks and existing checks from Vulnerability Manager 5.0. However, you can use the following workaround to run custom checks with the File Content object in Vulnerability Manager 5.5:
- On the Vulnerability Manager console computer, in the installation folder, browse to \Program Files\NetIQ\Vulnerability Manager\VSOC\prp.
- Make a backup copy of the unix.xml file.
- Open the unix.xml file.
- Search for the string "objectPathLabel".
- When you find the first instance of the objectPathLabel string, look at the line two lines down from the line containing the string.
- Change "File Name" to "FILE NAME".
- Save the unix.xml file.
- Run the custom check again.