EMProfileUpdate does not update the Outlook 2003 MAPI profiles.
ERROR: Failed to update profile xxx, hr=8004011c.
This issue occurs in some cases with Outlook 2003 clients, when Exchange Migrator did not set the source mailbox to Hidden.
To prevent this problem, use the following procedure when migrating mailboxes for the first time:
- In the Specify Migration Options wizard, configure Exchange Migrator to set the source mailboxes to Hide source mailboxes from Global Address List.
- Run the Migrate Mail Objects wizard.
- Run EMProfileUpdate.
If you have already migrated mailboxes and run EMProfileUpdate:
- Locate the source mailbox in Exchange Migrator.
- On the Advanced tab in the mailbox properties, set the mailbox to Hidden.
- Run EMProfileUpdate with the -reprocess switch.
For additional information on using EMProfileUpdate, please see the following NetIQ Knowledge Base Article:
"How can I update the MAPI profile on a user's desktop after mailbox objects are migrated to a different server?"