VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 7.5
NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries 8.0
How do I connect to an iSeries agent?
Before you connect to an iSeries agent from Vulnerability Manager, complete the following items:
- Obtain a valid license key for the iSeries agent. To check license information, run the PSMENU command and select Option 80. Ensure there is a Y in the Valid field for VSM Agent.
- Ensure the subsystem ZPSE is running.
To add a deployed iSeries agent and endpoint to the Vulnerability Manager asset map:
- In the tree pane, select Managed Systems.
- On the Actions menu, select Manage System.
- In the Name field, type a name for the system.
- In the Type field, select iSeries.
- In the Host Name field, type the name of the computer hosting the agent.
- Click IP Lookup to look up the IP address for the system.
- If you want to add more description about the endpoint, complete the following fields.
- Contact Name - Specifies the name of the contact person. This parameter is optional.
- Contact Email - Specifies the email address of the contact person. This parameter is optional.
- Importance - Specifies the importance level of the endpoint. You can select Very Low, Low, Medium, High, or Very High. The default value is Medium.
- IP Address - Specifies the IP address associated with the host computer.
- License Type - Specifies the product for which you want this endpoint licensed. This parameter is optional.
- Location - Specifies a description that identifies the location of the system hardware. This parameter is optional.
- Major Version - Specifies the major version of the operating system. This parameter is optional.
- Minor Version - Specifies the minor version of the operating system. This parameter is optional.
- Notes - Specifies descriptive notes about the computer. This parameter is optional.
- Time Zone - Specifies the time zone in which the computer hardware resides. This parameter is optional.
- Use - Specifies descriptive information about the usage of the computer. This parameter is optional.
a. Click Add endpoint to group.
b. Select an existing group to which you want to add the endpoint, or create a new group by typing a name for the group in the New Group Name field.
c. Type a description for the new group in the New Group Description field.
d. Click Create New Group.
This information about adding deployed iSeries agents and endpoints to the asset map is available in the online help and can be found by searching for iSeries.