How do I create a SQL Server endpoint for a Windows 5.5 agent?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.5
In Vulnerability Manager 5.5, the Windows agent manages SQL Server endpoints. To add SQL Server endpoints to an existing Windows agent in Vulnerability Manager, complete the following steps:
- In the tree pane, expand NetIQ Vulnerability Manager> IT Assets> Agents> OS> Windows.
- In the content pane, select the Windows agent to which you want to add the endpoint.
- On the Actions menu, click Add Endpoint.
- Click Next.
- If you want to find an existing system on which to add an endpoint, click Existing Systems. Select a system and click OK.
- In the Name field, type a name for the endpoint.
- In the EndpointType field, replace Windows Machine with SQL Server.
- Click IP Lookup to look up the IP address of the endpoint or type the IP address in the IP Address field.
- Complete the required information in the following fields.
- Authentication Mode: Account used by the Windows agent to log in to the SQL Server endpoint. Database Protocol field.
- Database Protocol: Connection protocol used by the Windows agent to connect to the SQL Server database.
- Instance Name: Name of the database instance.
- Password: Password for the SQL Server authenticated login account or the account being impersonated. This field is not required if you selected Current Credentials in the Authentication Mode field.
- User Name: User name for the SQL Server authenticated login account or the account being impersonated. This field is not required if you selected Current Credentials in the Authentication Mode field.
- Contact Email: Email address of the contact person.
- Contact Name: Name of the designated contact person.
- Database IP Address: IP address of the database.
- Importance: Criticality level of the endpoint.
- License Type: Product for which you are licensing this endpoint.
- Location: Location of the computer hardware.
- Major Version: Version of SQL Server the endpoint is running.
- Notes: Descriptive notes about the endpoint.
- Time Zone: Time zone in which the computer hardware is located.
- Click Add to group.
- Select an existing group to which you want to add the endpoint, or create a new group.
- Click Create.
- Click Finish to return to the Define Endpoint window.
You can also obtain this information from Chapter 4 of the Vulnerability Manager 5.5 Installation Guide.