Does NetIQ Vulnerability Manager support Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)?
How do I install the Security Configuration Wizard (SCW)?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.5
On March 30th 2005, Microsoft released Windows 2003 Server Service Pack 1 (SP1). With the introduction of this release, NetIQ has received a number of customer inquiries regarding when NetIQ Vulnerability Manager will support Windows 2003 SP1. NetIQ has investigated the situation and evaluated that when the Windows Firewall is not enabled on any of the components, customers should find no significant issues with running NetIQ Vulnerability Manager against Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP1. NetIQ Vulnerability Manager supports Windows 2003 Server with SP1 when the following guidelines are followed.
Where the Windows Firewall is enabled on a computer running one of the NetIQ Vulnerability Manager components, the guidelines below should be followed. Customers must install and run the Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) that comes with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1. SCW is not installed by default. For more information on installing and using SCW, see the Microsoft website.
To install Security Configuration Wizard (SCW).
- Open the Add/Remove Windows Components applet in Control Panel to install the Wizard.
- Run the SCW.
- Under the Role Based Service Configuration Section, within the Select Server Role dialog, ensure that SQL Server 2000 is selected.
- Within the Administration and Other Options dialog, ensure the following are selected:
- SQL Server Agent
- SQL Server Named Pipes network library
- SQL Server TCP/IP Socket network library
- 1433 (SQL over TCP)
- 445 (SMB)
- Once rebooted, log back in and ensure that the firewall is enabled.
- Select the Windows Firewall in the Control Panel.
- On the Exception tab of the Windows Firewall, select Local Area Connection and click on the Setting button.
- Click on the ICMP tab and enable Allow incoming echo requests.
- On the Exception tab of the Windows Firewall, select Add Port.
- Add the name in the name area.
- Add the port number, 700, in the Port Number area (to enable Deployment).
- Click OK to save Windows Firewall changes.