Why do reports include an inaccurate number of columns?
How do I install Hotfix 47298?
Which issues does Hotfix 47298 resolve?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
Error persisting report to database when running some reports against older agents because they return a different number of columns than expected.
Report distribution hangs when the report is very large or when you run it against many endpoints.
When a security check template is run against many endpoints (250+) and only a small fraction of the endpoints end up in a range ( i.e. only one endpoint is in high severity range while the rest are in low severity range), the pie chart shows 249 endpoints in green (low severity) and none in high severity. This is due to a rounding error in the pie chart calculation.
Netiq Vulnerability Manager 5.0 Hotfix 47298 resolves the issues described in the symptoms.
Hotfix 47298 corrects the following issues:
- If a small percentage of endpoints are in a particular range, Vulnerability Manager may not include those endpoints in a security checkup report pie chart.
- Older agents may return an inaccurate number of data columns in some reports.
- Report distribution may freeze when an agent returns a large amount of data or when you run a policy template against a large number of endpoints.
To apply Hotfix 47298, you must have installed Vulnerability Manager 5.0 Service Pack 1.
Perform the following procedure to install Hotfix 47298:
- If the database is installed on computer other than the Core Services host, ensure your user account is a member of the local Administrators group on the Core Services computer or is a member of the SQL Server sysadmin role.
- Log on to the Core Services computer with a local administrator account.
- Run the VM50001_Hotfix47298.exe file.
- Follow the instructions until you have finished installing the hotfix.
Hotfix 47298 modifies the following files in the installation folder on the Core Services computer:
- \Core Services\modules\gladiator.jar