How do I create an ActiveView for self-administration of group memberships?
How do I allow all users the ability to add or remove themselves from group memberships of a particular OU?
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
To create an ActiveView that allows all users the ability to add or remove themselves from group memberships of a particular OU:
- Log on to the Delegation and Configuration console with the DRA service account or a DRA Administrator account.
- Go to Delegation Management\ActiveViews and create a new ActiveView.
- Under Rules, click Add and Objects that match a rule...
- Select Self Administration and click OK.
- Click Add and Objects that match a rule... again.
- Select Groups.
- Click in any OU and select Specific OU....
- Map to the specific OU that contains the group objects and click OK.
- Click any group and select Manage Specific Object Types in Group...
- Uncheck all boxes, click OK and then click OK again.
- Click Next and give the ActiveView a name, then click Finish.
- Click Next on the Delegation Wizard window.
- Click Add and Groups.... Search for Domain Users and after adding this group, click OK.
- Click Next, then Add and Powers...
- Add the Remove Object from Group and Add Object to Group powers, click OK.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard until you have finished adding the powers.