NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 4.6
When trying to verify the Group Policy Administrator (GPA) Server, GPA returns the error: 'unable to contact Repository server'.
Unable to verify the GPA Server.
The issue could be related to an incorrect configuration of the GPR Server COM+ component.
In Group Policy Administrator (GPA) 4.5 and 4.6, the GPA Server runs on an IIS Server. The verification attempts to ping the faGprPing.asp page on the IIS Server computer.
To resolve this issue, confirm that the GPR Server COM+ component is configured correctly.
To configure the GPR Server COM+ component:
- Start the Component Services MMC Snap-in.
- Expand Component Services and click GPR Server.
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- Click the Identity tab.
- Select This user, and then enter the user name and password of the account you are using as the Export Override account.
- On the Action menu, click Shut down.
- On the Action menu, click Start.
- Click OK.
If reconfiguring the GPR Server COM+ application does not work, confirm that the IIS Server where the GPA Server is running is configured as a trusted site in Internet Explorer.
To set the GPA Server computer as a trusted site:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- In the list of security zones, select Trusted Sites.
- Click Sites.
- Type in the name of the IIS Server computer where the GPA Server is running, and then click Add.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
Another troubleshooting step is to enable anonymous access on the GPR virtual directory in IIS and configure the Export Override account as the account to use for anonymous access.