NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.5
Cannot use the Deployment Wizard to remotely deploy agents.
Unable to use the Deployment Wizard to deploy agents remotely. The 'Next' Button is grayed out and the 'Windows Agent Component' checkbox is missing when you select 'Windows System' to manage as an asset.
When right-clicking on a discovered system, the 'Windows Agent Component Option' is grayed out in the Deploy Menu.
The Standalone Deployment Wizard component is not installed on the Core Services computer.
When NetIQ Vulnerability Manager is installed on your server it does not automatically install the Agent on your computer. The Standalone Deployment Wizard component, which is a component of the agent, is installed to allow you to remotely deploy the agent.
If the agent is manually or remotely installed on your Core Services computer and then uninstalled, this process will also uninstall the Standalone Deployment Wizard component, which causes this issue to occur.
To resolve this issue reinstall the agent on the Core Services machine:
- In your installation CD or Download folder and navigate to the Vulnerability Manager Agent folder.
- Run the
- Click Next, to accept the license agreement.
- Select Custom Installation and click Next, in the Installation Type window.
- Click Select All then click Next, in the Select Components to install window.
- In the Vulnerability Manager registration window, specify the name of your Core Services computer to automatically register your agent with Core Services and click OK.
- If you want to register your agent later, leave the Core Services Computer field blank and click OK.