Directory and Resource Administrator 7.5
Error: 'An unhandled exception has occurred.'
Receiving an 'unhandled exception error' when creating a new user in the Web Console.
The user account display name contains a < or a > character and cannot be processed.
This issue is addressed in NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator and Exchange Administrator version 7.5 Hotfix 47030.
This hotfix addresses the following usability issues in the Account and Resource Management (ARM) console:
- The console displays incorrect RAS settings if the user does not have "View" powers. This hotfix resolves this issue by not displaying any RAS settings for users that do not have "View" powers.
- The console enables the "Set Primary Group" button on user property sheets even if the Assistant Administrator (AA) does not have "Set primary groups" power. This hotfix resolves this issue by disabling the "Set Primary Groups" button if the AA does not have the correct power.
- DRA creates and displays custom user interface extension pages on user objects that are part of a Windows NT 4 domain even though NT 4 does not support custom user interface extension pages. This hotfix resolves this issue by disabling the ability to create custom user interface extension pages for any users, groups, and computers that are part of an NT 4 domain.
- The console selects one or more checkboxes when you click in the blank space around checkboxes. This hotfix resolves this issue by limiting the clickable area for each checkbox to the checkbox and label only.
- The console fails to display an hourglass icon after clicking Apply or OK on property sheets and Create wizards. This hotfix resolves this issue by displaying the hourglass.
- The console cannot accept field names or values on a custom page that contain the characters "<" or ">". This hotfix resolves this issue by adding support for these characters.
Note: This hotfix requires DRA version 7.5.
To download and install this hotfix, Perform the following steps on each computer where you installed the DRA Account and Resource Management Console:
- Close all DRA user interfaces.
- Run the DRA75000_Hotfix47030.msi file.
This hotfix modifies the following files in the installation directory, by default C:\Program Files\NetIQ\DRA:
For more information, please contact NetIQ Technical Support at www.netiq.com/support .