VigilEnt Security Agent for UNIX 5.0
Installation of the UNIX Manager on Windows 2003 with SP1 applied generates an application error after running \Setup\NetIQ\Unix\win_install.exe.
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a new feature introduced in SP1 for Windows 2003. If SP1 is applied, an application error is generated if you do not add win_install.exe to a DEP exception list.
For win_install.exe to run properly, you must add it to an exception list for DEP.
To resolve this issue:
- Right-click My Computer and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Settings under the Performance Header.
- Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Click Add.
- Navigate to the path to win_install.exe and select it.
- Click OK and then OK again.