Which port does the Remote Deployment Wizard use when deploying software?
How do I change the Remote Deployment Wizard port?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
By default, the Remote Deployment Wizard uses TCP port 700 when deploying software. The agent computer and the remote computers being managed must have the same port setting for the remote deployment software and manage by proxy capability to function properly. Unless there is a mitigating circumstance, it is best to leave this port set to the default value.
To change the default port, you must edit the Windows Registry. Caution: Be careful when editing your Windows Registry. If there is an error in your Registry, your computer may become nonfunctional. If an error occurs, you can restore the Registry to its state when you last successfully started your computer. For more information, see the Help for the Windows Registry Editor.
To change the default port to any other available port, complete the following steps:
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Add a new registry key named LOADER as shown in the following example: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PENTASAFE\LOADER
- Add a new Value Name called PortNumber.
- Define the new value as DWORD.
- Type the Decimal value for the port in this new key.
- Close the Registry Editor.