In order for someone to run the Admin Reports, what permissions will they need?
VigilEnt Policy Center 4.1
To assign the appropriate permission for a person to run Admin Reports:
Log in to the Administration Site using an account in the Admin role or the VPC Admin account to complete the following:
- Click on Users
- Click on Role Info
- In the Role info tab I clicked on Add - to create and add a new role
- For the new role name, I entered Administrative Reports
- Then I clicked on the Add icon on the bottom to add my list of users that I wanted to allow to run Admin Reports
- Click on Save.
Now, to assign the permissions to the new role:
- Click on Permissions, this is located under the Home tab
- Now select the new role you created. In my case I selected Administrative Reports from the Role\Group\User pull-down menu.
- Expand the permissions tree so that you may view and select the permission Admin Reports. See screen shot below:
Now click Update in the lower left-hand corner of the screen to save your changes.
You have now created a new Role, in this new role you have specified that any object in this role can log on to the Admin Site with their own credentials and only view and run the Admin Reports available in VPC 4.1.