What issues are addressed by VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix hotfix 188.8.131.52?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix 5.0
Users with blank passwords show on the disabled users report.
Login retries report an incorrect value on AIX.
Expired passwords report on Tru64 shows accounts that are retired and disabled.
Trusted user status report is incorrect on HP-UX.
The VigilEntAgent.pid file has world writeable permissions.
Download Hot fix 46729 from www.netiq.com/support/vsm/ under Hotfixes.
Patch Name: VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix Version 5.0 Service Pack 1 Hotfix 46729
Release Date: 4/26/2005
Description: Hotfix 46729 corrects an issue where user accounts with blank passwords, disabled user accounts, and expired user accounts show incorrectly in user reports.
For Product: VigilEnt Security Agent for UNIX
Product Version: 5.0
Product Component: Unix agents
Product Sub-Component: binaries
Product O/S: All supported OS's
Download Patch: p501p6.zip (2.12 MB)
- This hotfix requires VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix Version 5.0 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Contains the following previously or currently posted patch:
- This hotfix corrects the following issues:
- User accounts with blank passwords, disabled user accounts, and expired user accounts show incorrectly in user reports.
- The VigilEntAgent.pid file is world and group writeable (NETIQKB48276).
Hotfix 46729 modifies the following files in the installation directory on the agent
computer, by default usr/vsaunix/<OS-TYPE>/vsau/bin/:
- Download p501p6.zip to the Unix Manager computer.
- Open Unix Manager, and click Manage Agents.
- Click Scan All Hosts to verify all agents are active and registered.
- On the Hosts menu, click Patch Mgr.
- Click Load and select the p501p6.zip file.
- Select the hosts to which you want to apply this hotfix.
- Select 184.108.40.206 as the patch to apply.
- Click Apply to update the selected hosts.