How do I specify home share prefixes or suffixes when creating a user account?
Can DRA automatically create a home share with a specified prefix or suffix when creating a user account?
Does DRA support home share prefixes or suffixes?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) allows you to set home share prefixes and suffixes when you create a user account. When you use DRA to define home share automation rules, you can specify a prefix and suffix for each automatically created home share. By specifying a prefix or suffix, you can enforce a naming convention for home shares.
You may have a policy to append the $ symbol to all home share names, or to preceded all home share names with the % symbol. For example:
To configure a home share policy which specifies a prefix of suffix for each automatically created home share:
- Log on to the Delegation and Configuration console using an account that is a member of the DRA Admins group or has the the Manage Policies and Automation Triggers role.
- In the left pane, expand Directory and Resource Administrator.
- In the left pane, click Policy and Automation Management.
- Under Common Tasks in the right pane, click ConfigureHome Directory Policies.
- Click Home share.
- Select the Create home share when user account is created check box.
- Specify a home share prefix or suffix. You may also specify a home share user limit.
- Click OK.